- It is useful for a variety of applications, including the manufacture of soaps, biodiesel, batteries, fuel cells and fertilizers.
- Potassium hydroxide solution is more conductive when compared to NaOH and therefore used as an electrolyte in some alkaline batteries.
- It is used as a pH control agent in the food industry.
- It is used in the thickening of food.
- It is used in chip fabrication for semiconductors.
- It is used in the manufacturing of cuticle removers which is used in manicure treatment.
- It is used in the identification of species of fungi.
- It is used in mercerizing cotton.
- It is used in alkalimetric titrations in analytical chemistry.
- Used in the manufacturing of liquid fertilizers.
Potassium hydroxide is used in the production of agricultural-grade fertilizers. These fertilizers can be used as a source of potassium for crops that are sensitive to chloride ions. In addition, Potassium hydroxide has a wide range of applications in a variety of industries, from food, consumer care and pharmaceuticals to agriculture and glass manufacturing. It is also used as an electrolyte in the production of alkaline batteries and to manufacture biodiesel as well as deicers for airport runways.
Further more, It is also used in manufacturing of soaps that include those made from coconut oil fatty acid, vegetable oil, tall oil & toluene sulfonic acid.